What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the computer or device used (Smartphone, tablet, connected TV, etc...) when accessing certain web pages. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about a user’s browsing habits or their computer. Depending on the information they contain and the way they use their computer, they may be used to recognize the user. A cookie is stored on a computer or device in order to identify the browser while interacting with our websites or applications. A website can set a cookie in the browser if preferences allow it to do so. A browser will only permit a website to access the cookies it sets, not those at other websites. On Londex websites and applications, third party cookies are used which allow the collection of anonymous statistical data on visits received in order to track advertising campaigns that may be in force at the time of the visit.
Why are they important?
- From a technical point of view, they allow websites to work in a more agile way, tailored to user preferences, such as storing the language, currency or to detect the device used for access.
- They establish levels of protection and security that prevent or avoid cyber attacks against the website or its users.
- They allow media managers to learn from statistical data compiled in the cookies to improve the quality and experience of their services.
- They are used to optimize the advertising we display to users, offering that which best suits their interests.
What types of cookies are used at this website?
- Own Cookies: These are those which are sent to the user's computer terminal from a computer or domain managed by the editor themselves and from which the user-requested service is provided.
- Third-Party Cookies: These are those which are sent to the user's computer terminal from a machine or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that deals with the data obtained through cookies.
- Session Cookies: These cookies are of a type designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
- Persistent Cookies: These cookies are a type of data which are stored in the terminal and can be accessed and treated for a defined period by the manager of the cookie, and can range from a few minutes to several years.
- Analysis Cookies: These are those which, whether managed by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use of the service provided by users. The user’s browsing of our website is analysed in order to improve the supply of products or services that we offer.
- Advertising Cookies: These are those which enable the management of advertising spaces in the most efficient way possible. Where appropriate, the publisher has included a website, application or platform to provide the service requested based on criteria such as the edited content or frequency in which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioural Advertising Cookies: These are those which enable the management of advertising spaces in the most efficient way possible. Where appropriate, the publisher has included a website, application or platform to provide the service requested. These cookies store information on user behaviour obtained through the continued observation of a user’s browsing habits, allowing the development of a specific profile to display ads based on the same.
Likewise, it is also possible for a cookie to be installed in your browser on visiting a website or opening an email in which an advertisement or promotional material regarding our products or services is published. This helps us to show search-related advertising based on a user’s previous searches at a later time, as well as to develop and control our advertisements regarding, for example, the number of times they are viewed, where they appear, what time they are seen, etc.
Cancellation and removal of cookies
DEACTIVATION OF COOKIES
The user may, at any time, choose which cookies they want to work on this website by configuring their browser. Consult the following links for the main browsers and devices:
- For Internet Explorer™ : http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- For Safari™ : http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
- For Chrome™ : http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- For Firefox™ : http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-web
- For Opera™ : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
- For Android : http://support.google.com/android/?hl=en
- For Windows Phone : http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changingprivacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx
- For Blackberry : http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32004/Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp
Specific opt-out systems indicated in the table above regarding the cookie in question (these systems can lead to the installation of a “reject” cookie on your computer in order for your choice of deactivation to work) or other third party tools available on-line, allowing users to detect cookies on each website visited and to manage their deactivation (eg Ghostery: http://www.ghostery.com/privacy-statement, http://www.ghostery.com/faq).
Londex thanks you for consenting to accept cookies. This helps us obtain more accurate data which, in turn, allow us to improve the content and layout of our websites and applications to better suit your preferences.
Londex websites may modify this Cookies Policy based on legal requirements, regulations, or in order to adapt the policy to the instructions issued by The International Standard for the Protection of Privacy and Personal Information. Users are therefore advised to regularly revise requirements.
When any significant changes occur in this Cookies Policy, users shall be notified either via the web or, in the case of Registered Users, via e-mail.